Middle East Real Estate Inspection Association (MEREIA) is being established with the support from DREI and principles in the real estate inspection industry, insurance industry, government bodies, law firms, key developers, along with InterNACHI Middle East.
Recognizing that the profession of Real Estate Inspection is now more than ever a vital social and economic influence in the MENA Region, the MIDDLE EAST REAL ESTATE INSPECTION ASSOCIATION is dedicated to the advancement of the real estate inspection industry, to serve public interest, regional governments and the interest of its members.
MEREIA goals are to:
- Aide and contribute to the education of its members
- Education of Real estate professionals
- Assist Government departments in establishing and managing inspection standards
- Work with the general public in attaining a higher inspection standards protecting their investments
- Assist the insurance industry in the real estate market to establish a building condition database to reduce losses and control costs.
- Assist the developers in reducing their costs and increasing the project value
- Assist the Banking Industries in minimising their losses in the real estate market
- Build and implement both technical and ethical inspection standards to the Property Observer and Building Inspection industry
- Provide needed educational programs to enhance consumer protection by promoting public awareness of the Inspection Industry and the need of reserve funds.
- Support the real estate market values now and into the future
- Lower property maintenance costs
- Improve the building systems in providing health and safety of the occupants
- Work with Government approved entities in certifying Property Observers and Building Inspectors
- Discuss with Government Departments to create a Centralized Reporting System allowing owners and/or tenants to log a building conditions complaints. Eg. Fire and life safety concerns